HOTELS + EVENTS
Millennials and music tourists are craving new and exciting experiences and the uk music sector is booming
- 30.9M ATTENDED LIVE MUSIC EVENTS IN 2017 (+12% YOY)
- 3.9M ATTENDED FESTIVALS IN 2017 (+6%)
- 823K FROM OVERSEAS (+7%)
- 12.3M MUSIC TOURISTS (+20%)
- £4B SPEND GENERATED (+11%)
- £45M IN OVERSEAS TICKET SALES
- £2.5B DIRECTLY BY MUSIC TOURISTS (+9%)
- £850 AVERAGE SPEND PER PERSON
- £645M ON TICKETS
AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE DATA MUSIC AND ‘TICKET TOURISTS’ CONTRIBUTE SIGNIFICANTLY TO THE TOWNS AND CITIES WHERE THERE ARE MAJOR VENUES AND EVENTS TAKING PLACE.
AS A LOCAL HOTELIER YOU BENEFIT INDIRECTLY FROM A BOOST IN OCCUPANCY AND ASSOCIATED REVENUE AS A RESULT OF THE DEMAND FOR THESE EVENTS. THIS HOWEVER IS A FLAWED ECO SYSTEM BECAUSE THE ORGANISERS OF THESE EVENTS ASSUME ALL OF THE RISK BUT DO NOT MONETISE THEIR EVENTS BEYOND THE TICKETS THEY SELL.
SOUND TRAVEL HAS INTRODUCED A NEW, DISRUPTIVE PARTNERSHIP MODEL THROUGH WHICH EVENT ORGANISERS WILL GENERATE MORE PROFIT FROM THE TICKETS THEY SELL.
WE PARTNER WITH THE ORGANISERS TO SECURE ACCESS TO OFFICIAL TICKETS AND HOSPITALITY WHICH WE COMBINE WITH A HOTEL STAY TO CREATE A PACKAGE PRICE. THESE PACKAGES ARE SOLD AS IF THEY WERE A TICKET SO THEY FEATURE PROMINENTLY IN ALL EVENT MARKETING FROM INITIAL ANNOUNCEMENT THROUGH TO TICKETS BEING SOLD OUT.
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a strategic hotel partner then we’d like to hear from you:
How does it work?
1. We contact you as soon as we hear about a show or tour
- This is usually privileged and confidential information so in many cases we would be unable to disclose the artist or event but we would be able to share the event dates.
- Yes, you could decide to sit and wait and yield your room prices based on the demand these shows will generate. This is an effective strategy if you’re in a town where demand exceeds supply but not where the opposite applies.
- We are seeking strategic forward-thinking hoteliers who like the idea of working closely with both us and our event partners on a partnership basis.
2. Provide an allocation of rooms to us directly
- Whilst many hotels are keen to move away from allocation models, many still have groups departments. Think of us as a groups operator.
- We normally look for a maximum of 50 rooms per date at a competitive NET rate included VAT with breakfast included.
- The rate needs to be competitive enabling us to compete effectively with your BAR should a customer price up a ticket and a hotel separately. Our model is not to fleece customers.
- We would also like our partners to consider added value that makes the offer more compelling. For example a deal or a complimentary room upgrade, 15% discount on F&B, welcome drink, wine in room, afternoon tea offer etc
- As we only take a limited allocation you would still have the opportunity to yield manage the prices on the rest of your rooms
- We would contract these rooms with you and would provide regular sales reports as required.
- Release, handback, rooming lists and payment conditions would be subject to further discussion as we understand they are many and varied.
3. What we do next
- We combine the price of the room with the price of the ticket, any added value you’ve provided us with and create an opaque package price.
- Each event and tour has a dedicated webpage on www.sound.travel. This page has all the info on the event, the tickets and will prominently feature your hotel as one of our Official preferred partners for that event.
4. Additional F&B opportunities.
- There may also be the opportunity to work with you on additional F&B activities as an official hotel. For example with pre show dinner or cocktails or as an after show party venue. This is more involved and would need planning but we are actively doing this now.